‘Grand Theft Auto 6’ fans aren’t happy after another fake leak

‘Grand Theft Auto 6’ fans aren’t happy after another fake leak

Grand Theft Auto 6 fans aren’t impressed after another strong rumour about the anticipated game ended up being fake.

READ MORE: The best games to play while you wait for ‘Grand Theft Auto 6’

The game was officially revealed back in December 2023 but fans still don’t know much about Grand Theft Auto 6 because Rockstar Games has only revealed two trailers and a handful of screenshots.

There has been plenty of discussion online about the price Grand Theft Auto 6 will be sold for, especially because it’s been reported that it could be the most expensive video game ever made.

Last week, huge US retail store Best Buy sent out emails to some customers claiming that pre-orders for Grand Theft Auto 6 would begin on Monday (May 18). As well as the leak coming from a reputable source, that rumoured pre-order date would also have landed just before an earnings call at publisher’s Take-Two and Sony has just started reminding PlayStation 4 players they’ll need to upgrade their console if they want to play Grand Theft Auto 6 on launch day.

However Rockstar Games has once again left fans waiting. Their only post on social media this week has been advertising a new outfit for Red Dead Redemption Online players, and some players are furious.

The GTA 6 cycle continues pic.twitter.com/sctEA8kLLh

— KAMI (@Okami13_) May 19, 2026

GTA 5 and Red Dead Redemption 2 are a combined 19 years old. At this point, what’s even the purpose of posting content like this? You don’t even have to release a trailer, just provide more insight into the new game that’s supposedly coming out THIS year,” wrote one fan. “This is one thing I hate about corporations: they eventually reach a point where they feel like they’ve surpassed the very people who made them successful in the first place.”

“Did you genuinely forget how to communicate with your fanbase? Is it really ALL and only about the money after all these years,” asked another X user. “Posting updates for an old game while the entire internet is foaming at the mouth for GTA 6 info is a crazy level of trolling,” said a third.

However some fans are still optimistic about Grand Theft Auto 6 news coming this week. “There is still hope for today (May 20)”, reads one post on Reddit. “Fuck it, it’s happening THIS Thursday,” says another.

So far, all we really know is that Grand Theft Auto 6 is set to launch November 19, 2026 – 18 months after the follow-up to Grand Theft Auto 5 was originally supposed to be released – and will feature dual protagonists Lucia and Jason in Vice City.

In other news, Forza Horizon 6 has comfortably become the best-reviewed game of 2026 so far, according to aggregate site Metacritic.

The post ‘Grand Theft Auto 6’ fans aren’t happy after another fake leak appeared first on NME.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Previous post CJ Group Leaks Personal Information Of Over 330 Female Employees
Next post Louise announces UK headline tour for 2027 – her first in nine years

Goto Top