Kylie Minogue responds to rumours of Madonna collaboration on ‘Confessions II’

Kylie Minogue responds to rumours of Madonna collaboration on ‘Confessions II’

Kylie Minogue has responded to rumours that she is set to appear on Madonna’s new album ‘Confessions II’.

READ MORE: Kylie Minogue tells us about Nick Cave and going viral with new “Fully Wrapped” Christmas album

The Queen of Pop is preparing to release her 15th studio album on July 3, the spiritual sequel to her landmark ‘Confessions On A Dance Floor’ record in 2005. So far, she has shared two tracks, ‘I Feel So Free’ and ‘Bring Your Love’, a collaboration with Sabrina Carpenter.

Another A-list popstar that some have speculated might feature on the album is Kylie, and in a new interview with the Los Angeles Times, the ‘Padam Padam’ singer has shed some light on the situation.

“That’s a random thing,” Minogue said in response to the suggestion that she would be on ‘Confessions II’. “There was a rumour I was on her album, but I’m not,” she continued, before adding: “I’m excited to hear it all!”

Kylie has been teasing at possible Madonna collaborations in recent years, especially in the wake of their appearance on stage together at the Kia Forum in Los Angeles on one night of Madonna’s ‘Celebration’ tour in 2024, where they sang duets of ‘Can’t Get You Out Of My Head’ and ‘I Will Survive’ on International Women’s Day.

She said in 2023 that it would be “amazing” to work with Madonna, and she later said when asked at an Oscars after party about the chances of a studio hook up: “Maybe, who knows? Let’s see.”

Kylie sent a heartfelt message to Madonna after she had been left in intensive care after a serious bacterial infection. “‘I feel for everyone touring, but especially women touring,” Minogue said. “I think it’s just that bit more work for us and it is so taxing on you as a whole. I will definitely be getting my ticket and going to see Madonna when she gets back on the road.”

Minogue spoke to NME at the end of last year about her plans for new music, revealing that she had been “thinking about it just quietly, in the background”.

“With these guys [who I am working with now], we always talk about ‘Oh, remember this one we started and we really didn’t get to finish it’. That discussion is always in the background, and I will have a micro break over Christmas and come back to it. Making music is my hobby and it’s a happy place for me, so I will,” she said.

As for Madonna, the new record marks her first since ‘Madame X’, which arrived in 2019. Around the time of that release, the ‘Like A Virgin’ singer spoke to NME about her relationship with being in the public eye.

“It has its pluses and minuses,” she revealed. “The great thing about being famous is that you have a voice and you can spread messages and fight for people who don’t have the ability to fight for themselves, and share your wealth with people who need help.”

Madonna has also been confirmed as one of the co-headliners for the first ever FIFA World Cup halftime show, alongside Shakira and BTS.

The post Kylie Minogue responds to rumours of Madonna collaboration on ‘Confessions II’ appeared first on NME.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Previous post Former EXO’s Tao Goes Viral For Giving Money To His Fans
Next post 3rd Gen Idol Starts Heated Debate After Being Praised For Being “Perfect Example Of How An Idol Should Date”

Goto Top